AD | Date nights. Pretty impossible given the current situation aren’t they? For the time being, gone are the days of heading out to the cinema or bowling or to a fancy restaurant for the evening. WELL, here’s where Jack’s Supermarket come in! Jack’s supermarket challenged me to create a fun, easy, yummy and affordable meal using only products available in their supermarkets. Keep reading for my take on an at home date night meal of Pizza, Wedges, Halloumi Fries & Salad!
For the Pizzas:
Pizza Bases (£1.70 for 2, we used 1)
Tomato Puree (31p, we only used a small squirt of this)
Grated Mozzarella (£1.59, we used around 1/4 packet)
Chorizo Ring (£1.49, we used around 1/4 of the packet)
Bacon Lardons (£1.40 for 2 portions)
Cooked Chicken (£1.99, we used around 1/4 of the packet)
Crushed Chili’s (59p, we only used a small sprinkling)
1. Grab your pizza base, squirt on a small amount of tomato puree and spread around covering the whole base.
2. Sprinkle grated mozeralla over the tomato base.
3. Prepare your toppings, this is entirely down to personal preference. We used chorizo, chicken breast and bacon so we simply pre-cooked the bacon, seasoned the chicken and chopped up the chorizo into small pieces.
4. Top with seasoning (again, entirely down to personal preference). We used a sprinkling of crushed chili’s.
5. Cook for 10 minutes at 190.
For the Wedges:
Baking Potatoes (58p for 4, we used 2)
Piri Piri Seasoning (85p, we only used a small sprinkling)
1. Chop up your potatoes into wedges if you prefer chips, chop into chips!
2. Part boil the wedges/chips on the hob 10 minutes.
3. Drain and sprinkle on your chosen seasoning. We used Piri Piri.
4. We chose to cook our wedges in the air fryer for 20 minutes, but these can also be cooked in the oven at 190 for 30minutes.
For the Halloumi Fries:
Breadcrumbs (40p, we used around 1/8 of the tub)
Eggs (75p for 6, we only 1)
Paprika Seasoning (85p, we only used a small sprinkling)
1. Chop block if halloumi into rectangles, however thick or thin you prefer.
2. Prep your coating by cracking and mixing and egg into one bowl and pouring some of the breadcrumbs into a second bowl.
3. Dip the pieces of Halloumi into the egg first, then straight into the breadcrumbs to coat.
4. Once fully coated, place on a tray and cook in the oven at 190 for 30 minutes.
Side Salad (75p serves 2)
Sparkling Apple & Elderflower (£1.79 for 750ML)
£16.59 with LOADS leftover to make various other meals with!
With a little bit (well, a lot) of maths we figured out this works out at roughly £4 per person for this whole date night meal!
Watch my IGTV video of this recipe here!
Jack’s is part of the Tesco family and prides itself on offering customers the very best quality products at great value prices. All items in this post are available now from Jack’s stores nationwide – find your nearest store at www.jacks-uk.com/stores